Inspirational Architecture, Distinctive Designs, and Extraordinary Customer Service
About Tokarski + Millemann Architects
Tokarski Millemann Architects, LLC, is an established, award-winning architectural firm located in Monmouth County, New Jersey. With licenses in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania we have the capability to do work regionally; although the majority of our work is in New Jersey. Our company provides inspiration to our clients through creative design and extraordinary service. We recently renovated our office to be a showplace of modern design to our clients and provide an awesome place to work. We like to describe it as a professional family atmosphere. Located at the Jersey Shore just off Exit 98….it is one of the best places to live,work and raise a family in New Jersey (and only 7 minutes to the beach.)
Why should YOU choose T+M Architects?
At Tokarski Millemann Architects, or TMA for short, we are always seeking “rock stars” to join our team. We strive to be the best-in-class and need people with the same work ethic. We provide continuous growth opportunities for employees who have the skills and the drive. If you have what it takes, we will help you get there. Your education will continue with us, as we offer internal and external training and mentoring in a collaborative open studio setting. A competitive salary and benefits package in addition to supporting training opportunities for continual professional development is offered. 401K and profit sharing is also available. Our team is made up of a group of experienced, motivated and passionate individuals. Sound interesting? Check out the open positions below for more info:
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
U.S. Licensed Architect with 5-8 years of experience.
Principal in Charge
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS:
Perform all architectural assignments as directed by Principal in Charge. Works as a team member on assigned projects interacting with other team members.
Performs administrative and professional architectural work by managing projects from inception through construction.
Provides leadership to the project and the project design team consisting of architects, engineers and designers which includes coordinating outside consultants in the design of construction projects. Serves as the liaison between the design team. Principal in Charge and Client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares strategic plans for project success
- Plans and oversees preparation of construction drawings and specifications of projects
- Works with PIC in developing design solutions
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects
- Responsible for managing team to ensure completion of projects within established budgeted fee hours and time frame
- Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs
- Facilitates project communications and documentation
- Reviews and coordinates the work of the consultants for accuracy and assurance of compliance to project requirements
- Supervises and reviews the work of architects and other personnel involved in the project
- Confer with appropriate faculty and administrative personnel regarding proposed construction and alteration programs and plans
- Performs architectural surveys and evaluations of existing structures for proposed projects
- Construction Document production as necessary including REVIT and AutoCad drawings and specifications
- Specification writing/editing
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts
- Structural calculations for wood frame and design of all construction types
- Responsible for preparing proposals for new work based on meetings with new clients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of applicable codes and regulatory agency guidelines
- Considerable knowledge of the modern principles and practices of architecture
- Considerable knowledge of construction methods and materials, and methods of surveying and inspection
- Ability to review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding designs, plans, and specifications
- Ability to supervise and plan the work of technical and professional subordinates
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and carry out complex oral and written instructions including the reading and interpretation of blueprints and specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Clientele, officers of the company, consultants and office staff
- Working knowledge of personal computer, AutoCad 2018 (or newer) software, Microsoft Office software including (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and miscellaneous office equipment
- Working knowledge of StruCalc structural sizing software and understanding of live and dead loads, ability to analyze and design basic wood structures
PERSONAL QUALITIES and WORK ETHIC:
- Extremely organized (Personal time management skills are required)
- Detail oriented
- Able to confront and handle conflict when necessary
- Extremely organized
- Ability to inspire through design, creatively problem solve, and propose intelligent solutions.
- Ability to interact successfully with staff, clients and other professional disciplines.
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Displays a team player attitude.
- Demonstrates desire to be a lifelong learner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Registration as an Architect in the State of New Jersey is preferred but not required.
Bachelors of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university, with 5-8 years of work experience in the field of Architecture.
Must be proficient in REVIT, AutoCad Architecture version 2019, and possess working knowledge of Word & Excel..
Job Type: Full-time